Society’s most listened-to experts have theorized that time keeps on slippin’ (slippin’, slippin’) into the future. Others have suggested that it keeps flowing like a river, on and on, to the sea.
Technically, I didn’t publish anything on this site in 2022, for the first time since launching it at the turn of the millenium. (I just posted something I wrote and last edited in November, though it probably needed more editing.)
I don’t really have a lot to say right now other than
- I’m very happy with my marriage, my house, my cats, and my job.
- I have some great friends and family, even though I don’t see them often.
- I’m very unhappy with the state of public discourse, our society’s priorities and preoccupations, public health, the media, the economy, and our climate.
- I am somewhat more deliberate in deciding how I spend my time these days, or at the very least I am more consciously aware that the amount of time I have left continues to diminish. (See above.)
- I miss my parents.
- I’m continuing to get better at not putting pressure on myself.